top of page
First Methodist Church's history begins in 1863 with the first church in Brown County, established by two Methodist ministers: George Vest and William Mayberry. Later, in 1922, the church decided to multiply, planting a second church now known as Central United Methodist Church. Later, with further development in Brownwood, the church decided to relocate to the current building across the street from Brownwood High School, a location that has proved to be valuable to the efforts of the youth ministry.
Throughout its history, FMC has faithfully aimed to serve the community in Brownwood and the Christian community worldwide.
bottom of page